View this property at:
About this Property
YOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St,
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Of course, you are on the BEACH. We adore to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach, but should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call, text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. When needed I have personal assistance available on site.
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear from the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Family Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBR West: King, SBR West: Queen & 2 Bunk beds, MBR East: Queen & Queen, SBR East: Twin & Twin, Living Area: Queen Sleeper, 4- 1/2 Baths (2 New Baths w/Non-Slip Ceramic Floor Tile & Fans). All New Hurricane Windows Throughout, All New Plantation Blinds Throughout, Very High-Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Cavernous Oceanfront with Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this sizable Family Helpful Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. NEW INFANT SEAT. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 5 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans on the Porch with Lights, 2 in the Great Room with Lights. Library with Dedicated Ice Maker, Snow Cone Maker, Books & Games, 10 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. You May Savor Cooking in a Generous Kitchen with Extensive Double-Kitchen Cabinets, Inside Fish Sink Supplied with a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout (YOU WILL NO LONGER NEED WATER BOTTLES!), Glass Container w/Spout. French Door Fridge, New Kitchen Stove, Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Blender, Electric Hand Mixer, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils & Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened in Porch, 5 Rockers, 2 Gliders, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Roof Deck / Sun Deck, Elevated Board Walk with Foot Rinse, Fish Flag on Pole, Painted Path Stones That Will Come with You to the END of this Rainbow. Ground Floor Screened Shower with Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Kitchen Aid Gas Grille with 3 Extra Propane Tanks, Picnic Table With 2 Benches, Childrens Table With 4 Stools. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In, when SCHEDULED, Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom Ready for Your Use by that Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning by Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied to include: Beds made before you arrive, Bath Towels supplied, Kitchen Towels included, 2 Body Wash Dispensers in each bathroom, 2 Shampoo Dispensers in each bathroom, Hand Soap Disposable Dispenser in each bathroom, Kleenex Tissue, Soccer Ball, Volley Ball, Binoculars, Tripods, Telescope, Bocce Set, Spike ball Set, Guitar with Strings, for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure.
BEAUTIFUL VIEWS OF THE ATLANTIC & THE WONDROUS SKY!
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find kitchen towels, bath towels, linen, bed toppers, bed encasements, bed pads, bed skirts, bedspreads, shams and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency comfort. Cleaning materials: broom, dustpan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are included for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent Pods (Supplied in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Disposable Dispenser Included)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Supplied Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Dedicated Waterspout (Supplied)
YOU MAY NO LONGER NEED WATER BOTTLES
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Included)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Included)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Hand Soap (Disposable Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (2 Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (2 Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage)
• Beach Cart (Included in Guest Storage)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
ITEMS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Bag
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Manon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Manon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Manon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the impressive island's beaches grow, we continue to maintain the painless feeling of yesterday’s when times were simpler.
This home has been family owned for more than 40 years. One of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. Constructed by Mr. Watcher & lovingly cared for till we fell in appreciate with this home in October 15, 2008. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family helpful, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offer all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUIET
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Chummy environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s peaceful”, they said.
The calming island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can relish your ice cream cone, quart of milk or odds & ends for sandwiches. This is the calm & rather you will treasure the most for your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just savor the beach. The Sunsets you will never forget.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Laundry. This you will get from the lock box (Code Included Before You Arrive). Once you get in Put the Key Back in the Lock Box. You will have 2 identical keys for your enjoyment to use during your stay.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Manon Gore bridge. 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the Left at the corner of 28th St. & 903 is off the corner of 35th.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a outstanding destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message! http://www.nccoastalreserve.net/web/crp/bird-island?utm_source=www.visitnc.com&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=downstream-referral
This is a state-of-the-art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop. Click on their link for show schedules. (910) 575-0033
THE OLD BRIDGE 910-365-6585
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday. You can learn more about the Old Bridge Preservation Society and their offerings on the web.
TURTLE TALK 910-579-5862
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program? Check out the Turtle Patrol's website).
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERT
The Sunset Beach Free Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber's Restaurant on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH 910-274-4820
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and T, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly at www.facebook.com/yogaonthebeachssb.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation properties provide Wrightsville Beach area traveller discount books which feature money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by a partnership between the property manager and the store itself. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Desire to stay away from crowds and save money? Off-peak times offer up tremendous discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few vacation rental companies provide discounts to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly suited for specific groups of vacationers. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Rental companies and individual home owners often offer their customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed due to personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra fuel.
General Rental property Tips & Tricks
You may be surprised to learn how many rental properties are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, vacationers are certain to locate a property that matches their desires and budget.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners typically choose management companies to facilitate marketing, housekeeping and regular maintenance.
We have constructed a short guide to help you get the most out of your vacation property experience.
Where to find and reserve a great rental property:
Do you believe "Sunset Beach Large Oceanfront Rental Home w/Toys, Beach Stuff, Gas Grill & Tanks" is the best rental home for your next visit? Browse through this check list to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner, The Better
Wrightsville Beach rental properties start booking very early. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of a trip. A lot of groups prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Agreement can be tricky among members of the family, but the moment this tricky part is complete everything will start to slide in place.
Just How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you will need. Be mindful that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Are You Willing to Pay?
Does your chosen rental fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If several individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, ensure everyone knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Generally, one person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and recovering each person's contribution.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is your group searching for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or near night life? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental property rate? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Occasionally the older generation has challenges with staircases. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Are you or other people in the group traveling with a furry companion? Animals are welcome at many rental homes, but policies can vary. Make sure you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Wrightsville Beach local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Besides having exclusive properties, local agencies offer you excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the rental has everything that you need. If something is missing, the home management company might know of comparable homes that suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your greatest prospects for a lower rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Study the Total Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Vacation rental management companies and property owners typically offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides comfort should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the property. We also recommend immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any required fixes. This may protect against disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a little bit. Regardless of whether you're paying a cleaning fee, The rental is required to be in very good condition. Sinks full of dirty dishes, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be addressed before leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many rental management companies and rental home sites allow customers to give comments. If your property and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your praise. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your review.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with your family. Did everybody have a great time? Ideally everything ended up being outstanding and you're happy to reserve the rental for next year. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience to help with your next search.