- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property2000 sf Sea Front Home w/2 Outside showers. 5 Bedrooms, 3 ½ Baths.
YOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course, you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach, but I am just a phone call away or by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. When needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the Left at the corner of 28th St. 903 in on the Left just past 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the magnificant island's beaches grow, we continue to maintain the smooth feeling of yesteryear’s when times were simpler.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family welcoming, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offer all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Amicable environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay on Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The peaceful island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can appreciate your ice cream cone, quart of milk or odds & ends for sandwiches. This is the tranquility & rather you will treasure the most for your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just relish the beach. The Sunsets you will never forget.
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear from the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRE: K, SBRE: Q & S, MBRW: Q & S, SBRW: Q, Ground Floor: Q & 2 Bunk beds, 3 - 1/2 Baths. Very High-Speed Wireless. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Welcoming Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Ceiling Fan in the Great Room. Eight Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Kitchen Sink is Included with a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! Microwave, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker with Coffee Filters. New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened in Porch, 4 Rockers, 2 Red Chairs with Matching Side Tables & 2 Yellow Chairs with Matching Side Table, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck. Ground Floor Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Ground Floor Shower with Hot & Cold Water. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. New Washer & Dryer on the 1st floor. Partial Check-In, when SCHEDULED, Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom & Bathroom Ready for Your Use by That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning by Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm).
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Bed Room & Bath. This you will get from the lock box (Code Supplied Before You Arrive). Once you get in Put the Key Back in the Lock Box. You will have 2 identical keys for your comfort to use during your stay.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is decorated to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. Your towels & linen include bed pads, bedspreads and pillows/pillow cases are supplied. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan is supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is included to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent Pods (Supplied in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Sink Disposable Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Supplied)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Dedicated Spout (Included)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll Per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Included)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Hand Soap (Disposable Dispenser Included in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Umbrella (One Supplied in Guest Storage*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (One Included in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Bag
CALABASH PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo. We used them for our Family Reunion & they are reasonable & great people.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a outstanding destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox. There you can adore reading some of the notes left or take the time to leave a message or your very own special experience!
The most first-rate place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next opportunity.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm. On the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach Free Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber McGee’s on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state-of-the-art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
SUNSET AT SUNSET FESTIVAL
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the most attractive food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea. Watch for special speakers and events that the museum hosts all over the year.
Take a walk on the wild side at Barefoot Landing’s Alligator Adventure in North Myrtle Beach. You’ll not only find alligators hiding in the marshes and swamps, but you’ll be able to see lizards, frogs, and rare feathered friends in a very live environment. Fun and impressive for the whole family!
MYRTLE BEACH PELICANS
One of the most favorite local activities around is to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball team play ball. The Pelicans, a class A affiliate ball club for the Texas Rangers, plays baseball at Coastal Federal Field (next door to Broadway At the Beach). Come on down for an evening of baseball at this state-of-the-art facility.
MYRTLE WAVES WATER PARK
20 acres of water rides and more than 1 million gallons of water forms Myrtle Waves Water Park, the biggest water park in South Carolina. This park hosts over 30 water-soaked rides.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental owners and vacation properties supply Wrightsville Beach area vacation discount magazines which include money-saving coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and promotional books, as this allows travelers to take advantage of the same terrific attractions at a often significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to change your dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies offer price savings to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a markdown.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular types of guests. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. You'll get the most value from a rental that most closely matches your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, offers guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed due to personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
You might be pleasantly surprised to find out how many properties are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and knowledge to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve a great rental home:
Before you book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", examine our short checklist of points to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Wrightsville Beach rental properties start booking early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Many groups choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Select a Town and Date
Agreement can often be difficult between family, but once this difficult part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
Selecting an Adequately-Sized Rental
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Consider that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Make sure " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If many individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be liable for the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your family trying to find? Do you only want a home with a pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beach front, downtown, or close to restaurants? Will the home have bicycles and body boards for use throughout your stay? Create a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Special Issues to consider
Do a few people in your group have specialized needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. The majority of property listings include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Animal policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
Many internet resources exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Wrightsville Beach local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies typically have an exclusive selection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is most effective through the off-season when many rental homes sit empty.
Study the Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should tragedy strike.
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Don't forget to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To ensure that no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also suggest immediately calling the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any required repairs. This will protect against disagreements during checkout.
- You could need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. More often than not, neighboring residences are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a trip much more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Most rental home management companies and rental search sites permit renters to provide reviews. If the property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but genuine in regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Does everyone want to return next year? With some luck everything ended up being wonderful and you're ready to reserve the rental home for next year. Maybe the rental was not ideal, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- The Oyster Rock - 3.5 miles
- Jinks Creek Waterfront Grille - 4.3 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.4 miles
- Drift - 4.4 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.5 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.0 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.1 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.7 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.6 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.3 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.7 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.5 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.0 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.7 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.2 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.2 miles