View this property at:
About this Property
2000 sf Sea Front Home w/2 Outside showers. 5 Bedrooms, 3 ½ Baths.
YOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course, you are on the BEACH. We adore to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach, but I am just a phone call away or by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. When needed I have personal assistance available on site.
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear from the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBR West: Queen & Twin, SBR West: Queen, MBR East: King, SBR East: Queen & Twin, Ground Floor: Queen & 2 Bunk beds. 3-1/2 Baths. Very High-Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Voluminous Oceanfront with Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Amiable Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. NEW INFANT SEAT. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans in the Great Room with Lights. 6 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Sink Included with a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout (YOU WILL NO LONGER NEED WATER BOTTLES!). New Fridge, New Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Blender, Electric Hand Mixer, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils & Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened in Porch, 5 Rockers, 4 Adirondack Chairs, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck, Fish Flag on Pole. Ground Floor Foot Rinse, Screened Shower with Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Picnic Table With 2 Benches. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In, when SCHEDULED, Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom Ready for Your Use by
That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning by Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied to include: Beds made before you arrive, Bath Towels supplied, Kitchen Towels supplied, 2 Body Wash Dispensers in each bathroom, 2 Shampoo Dispensers in each bathroom, Hand Soap Disposable Dispenser in each bathroom, Kleenex Tissue, Soccer Ball, Volley Ball, Binoculars, Tripods, Telescope, Bocce Set, Spike ball Set, Guitar with Strings, for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure.
BEAUTIFUL VIEWS OF THE ATLANTIC & THE WONDROUS SKY!
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find kitchen towels, bath towels, linen, bed toppers, bed encasements, bed pads, bed skirts, bedspreads, shams and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials: broom, dustpan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are included for your comfort. This brief checklist is supplied to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent Pods (Included in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Disposable Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Included Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Dedicated Waterspout (Supplied)
YOU MAY NO LONGER NEED WATER BOTTLES
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Supplied*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Included)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Hand Soap (Disposable Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (2 Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (2 Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage)
• Beach Cart (Supplied in Guest Storage)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Bag
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Manon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Manon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Manon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the awe-inspiring island's beaches grow, we continue to maintain the painless feeling of yesterday’s when times were simpler.
PEACE & QUIET
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Affable environment. I had the enjoyment to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s peaceful”, they said.
The peaceful island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can appreciate your ice cream cone, quart of milk or odds & ends for sandwiches. This is the calm & rather you will treasure the most for your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just adore the beach. The Sunsets you will never forget.
CALABASH PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo. We used them for our Family Reunion & they are reasonable & great people.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a fashionable destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox. There you can adore reading some of the notes left or take the time to leave a message or your very own special experience!
The most exemplary place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next opportunity.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm. On the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach Free Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber McGee’s on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state-of-the-art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
SUNSET AT SUNSET FESTIVAL
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the most striking food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family helpful, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offer all comforts possible.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Laundry. This you will get from the lock box (Code Included Before You Arrive). Once you get in Put the Key Back in the Lock Box. You will have 2 identical keys for your comfort to use during your stay.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Manon Gore bridge. 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the Left at the corner of 28th St. & 903 in on the Left just past 35th St.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send you printed tourism guide books with savings for rental properties, restaurants and activities. Look for these books and promotional books, as this allows visitors to experience the very same great activities at a quite often substantial discounted.
- Are the vacation dates flexible? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer terrific rates on weekly rentals.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or repeat guests of the same vacation home. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific groups of visitors. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. You'll get the best value from a rental which most closely suits your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, offers guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a result of medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to locate a rental home that matches their expectations and spending budget.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental, management companies are critical in helping travellers with booking, checking-in, house cleaning services, as well as routine service problems that may occur.
We have put together a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental property experience.
How to find and book the best vacation rental:
Before you start to book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", go through our brief checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Wrightsville Beach rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Decide on a Village and Date
Start by deciding which specific area of Wrightsville Beach you want to explore, and the approximate travel dates.
How Many Bedrooms?
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Remember that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for the group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Make certain " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before reserving an expensive rental home. Normally, a single person in the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Rental Home Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental rate? Build a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only property on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Be sure to include your best friend! Although quite a few vacation homes permit animals, rules and charges fluctuate per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be controlled. Study your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Wrightsville Beach local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a top-quality vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified your dream rental, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Contract
Read through the full agreement and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health care emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Remember that most rental agreements require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Make sure you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage soon after you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a dispute about legal liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will be incredibly helpful.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. More often than not, neighboring homes are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each room of the vacation property to ensure you've collected all belongings.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites permit customers to offer feedback. If your property and/or property manager was top notch, they will likely appreciate your praise. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your critique.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to return next year? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning is going to be painless. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience to aid with the next search.